If you are new to chiropractic business, there are a lot of things you need to know about the industry and one of these is the importance of medical malpractice insurance for chiropractors. You must be aware that, much like other medical professionals, a chiropractor can possibly be sued for medical malpractice. In other words, you can be vulnerable to a lawsuit despite the fact that your medical practice is somewhat unique. There might come a time when one of the patients who come to your clinic files a lawsuit on the ground of negligence or malpractice. Thus, you need an insurance that can protect your practice, assets, and your reputation.
Issues that might be used by a patient as grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit
Despite the overwhelming evidence that chiropractic treatment has nothing to do with lots of medical malpractice issues, still there are those patients who file lawsuits based on these grounds:
- Damage to patient’s body because of “negligence”– This happens when a patient claims his chiropractor causes a new injury, or essentially aggravates a prior injury
- The claim of induced stroke – This is another yet a highly controversial issue that may be used by a patient when filing a lawsuit
- The claim of failure to diagnose a medical condition – This is also a common issue that is used against chiropractors, arguing that “medical professionals have a duty to reasonably diagnose underlying medical condition.”
All of the above-mentioned issues highlight the importance of medical malpractice insurance for chiropractors. Be prepared. It makes sense that you establish some level of protection by acquiring a trusted malpractice insurance policy.
What to look for a malpractice insurance provider
There are a number of factors that must be considered when choosing a chiropractic malpractice insurance provider. Among these factors are the following:
- The financial strength – How healthy is the company’s financial resources? This is important to ensure that you can get financial help should you need it
- Affordable rate – There are a number of insurance providers out there, it is important to shop and compare their offers
- The length of time in service – How long is the insurance provider in business? Those who have been in the industry for decades are likely to be more reliable that those who have been around for just a year or two
- Support – How prompt their support team in addressing your queries? Are they professional when it comes to handling the issue your raise?
Want to learn more about the importance of medical malpractice insurance for chiropractors? Contact us here at ChiroSecure today and realize why you need insurance protection in your practice.
Call us at (866) 802-4476