As a chiropractor running a clinic, you understand that your business can be vulnerable not just to possible lawsuits from patients, but also to a worker’s compensation in case of injury or even death while on duty. Both can cause a financial hemorrhage and cripple your business to the ground. That is why having a chiropractic workers’ comp insurance is crucial to keeping your business afloat and your professional reputation intact.
Here are some ways chiropractic workers’ comp insurance can take care of your staff in case they figure in a work-related accident.
- Chiropractic treatment
- Hospital services, including any necessary medical and surgical care and procedure
- Orthopedic devices, if prescribed by the doctor
- Hearing devices
- Nursing care
It is worth noting that under chiropractic workers’ comp benefits, your employee may continue to receive medical care until the care is no longer needed, as long as it is related to the initial workplace injury.
Also, there are times an insurance provider denies a claim due to a variety of reasons. Thus, both the chiropractor and the employee must be aware of the common reasons for denial, which include the following:
- When there’s a failure to send a notification to the employer about the injury (as an employer, you must also keep track of your employee’s condition)
- When you miss the deadline of filing for workers’ compensation claim (Both the chiropractor and employee should be aware of the deadline of filing)
- When the employee isn’t hurt on the job (when the injury isn’t acquired during hours)
- When an injured employee is under the influence of alcohol, drugs
- When the insurance does not qualify the medical condition for coverage (there are certain types of conditions that insurance may not cover such as a simple back strain or repetitive motion injuries)
- When an employee is no longer part of the company (An employee needs to ensure that he is still part of the company during the filing of the claim; an insurance company needs to ensure that if the employee has been away for so long for his recovery, he still has a job when he is back ready for work)
Online looking for a reputable company that provides chiropractic workers’ comp insurance? Contact ChiroSecure today at (866) 802-4476.