Workers’ compensation is a form of insurance that gives salary replacement, and medical benefits for workers injured on the job in exchange for obligatory relinquishment of the worker’s right to sue the employer for negligence.
Companies/Employers in the US (except in New Jersey and Texas) are required by law to have workers’ compensation insurance, and there are quite a number of insurance service providers that employees can go to. Here at ChiroSecure, we have assembled products for chiropractic offices for to choose from.
Here are the benefits of workers’ compensation insurance that policy holders can have:
- Pays for medical care and rehabilitation for workers who are injured on the job or contract a worker-related illness
- It also covers part of a worker’s’ lost wages – disability benefits and death benefits for the dependents of employees killed in work-related accidents
- It covers all of the workers of a business except independent contractors. For employees working out-of-state there should be special provisions made to be covered
- It is a no-fault system, which means that an injured worker does not have to file legal charges against the employer to get the compensation – it is automatic for covered benefits, except of course in cases of extreme negligence
Other facts about workers’ compensation:
- Types of workers compensation can include; medical care, rehabilitation, disability benefits, and death benefits
- A family member that is dependent of someone who was killed on the job can be entitled to death benefits through workers’ compensation (ask your insurer about this)
- Each state has its own benefit levels – coverage does not differ across various workers’ compensation insurers within a state.
- A company’s payrolls as well as the kind of work employees do are key factors that affect the cost a policy
Have more questions about workers’ compensation? Contact us today at (866) 802-4476
To apply for coverage, click here: Complete the online quick quote form.